Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lexington Christmas Horse Parade




 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had an "Old Girls Day Out" day.  Joanne, Chris, Me, Diane and Randie (as pictured) went to the 2nd Annual Lexington Old Fashioned Christmas Horse Parade in Lexington, MI.  (I think Lexington is about 65 miles or so from here.)  Diane was looking on the internet for things to do in Michigan in December and this is our first outing.  It was a cute half-hour long parade with 150 horses.  We also shopped some of the stores along the street before the parade. 
 
Also before the parade we met at Cheap Charlie's in Port Huron for lunch.  After the parade and we separated, Chris, JoAnne and I went and did more shopping: FCS and an AVON store.  We ate dinner at the Cracker Barrell then shopped there, of course.  One of my favorite places to shop.  Good thing there aren't many around where we live.  JoAnne and I left this morning at 10:10 a.m. and we arrived back here at 7:30 p.m.  A long, but very nice day.
 
Rachel came to be with Jessie and she had another great day with her.  Jane came and took them out to lunch and shopping.  Jessie also painted a small nativity set.  She loves to paint, color and make things.  She's our little artist.  Jon had today off and went to the show and out to breakfast then spent the rest of the day around home. 
 
Oh, yah, by the way.  Before I left home I was walking the stair chair down the stairs and my left foot slipped on the step and I fell flat on my back and slid down the rest of the 5 stairs.  Of course everything hurts tonight, as it did all day long.  I'll see if I'm able to move in the morning.  I'm sure you're wondering why I was walking the chair down.  I'm trying to do as many stairs as I possibly can to keep up strength in my legs.  Although, since the chair has only one speed - very slow - I should have rode it down, since not much strength is needed for as slow as it goes! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment